Monday, February 15, 2010

Heaven-Sent Valentine


I didn't have a valentine
So God made a special delivery
He planted you inside my heart
So I could have good company

Your positive light, enlightening soul
Great comfort for the weary

Your words, manifold-petalled roses, which
Escort me to my trundle and into the night
Accompany me as I greet every new sunrise
Cradle me in the deepest of sorrows

Sweet relief your visage brings
Sun rays on a platter served fresh to me daily
Encapsulated in all pleasantries
That are exchanged between us

I imagine a kiss from your lips would be
Sweeter than all the candy in the world

Melting into your arms, I'd revert to the days
When I was a girl who needed to be held
With tears rolling down my face
I'd hold you back and hold on tight

Today you are my valentine, dear heart of mine
Divinely selected, and just in time

It was not by accident we met
Your essence is something I'll never forget
Moreover my soul will not rest until
We stand face to face, while the world stands still

A stare into your piercing brown eyes is what I need
To inhale your manly fragrance would revive my heart

God knew just how much your presence would mean
Heaven gently steered you in my direction
You graciously obliged and made room for me
Truly grateful that you acknowledge my affection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback.