These works are translated by a creative, young girl whose growth was interrupted. The gravity of her pain is buried very deep. This page is an effort to rescue her expressing as God allows, her thoughts as they unfold. Now as she peers through the lens of a woman, she endeavors to free herself. As she taps into those hidden places, a true poet is sure to emerge. I hope as you read, you too will unearth some things inside yourself and with her, continue to grow.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
The Catcher's Heart
by Stephannie Reed
(Twitter: @love_epiphany)
I'm the only one who holds the key
To unlock your alluring mystery
The one who can see your soul
Who can read every page of your book of pain
The story you never told with your lips
But was told with your rejection and fear
And just when you least expected it
Something real and tangible stepped in
And made everything clear
Even if you don't open a door
All I ask is that you give me a window...
To let what's inside of my heart come in
And touch you where you need it the most
Close your eyes for a second... Can you hear what I hear?
That's the sound of your heart beating. Or wait, is it mine?
No, it's ours. Because two became one.
So go ahead and fall. It's safe in these arms.
And you can have all of me. I'll do you no harm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

*tears* That was beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete