Sunday, February 7, 2010

HE


There is a space in me that only he can capture
A void in me that only he can fill

Vacuum-shaped and fashioned like him
Only his touch completes, moves, and heals

In the fulness of time I found him
More accurately, he found me

My inherent greatness
Has found liberty

My quality of life soars
In his company

The evidence of which is seen
In the way that I love, give, and speak

He shares divine secrets
When no one is watching

He gives me great gifts,
Which no one can see

Swoops in with great joy
When I feel like crying

Knows all of my failings
But loves me through it all

There is no one like HIM
HIS name above all

The Anointed One, JESUS
El Shaddai, the Prince of Peace

King of Kings and Bread of Heaven
Root of David, Emmanuel

The one to whom all knees will bow
Will not be long now, we're near the end

Many infallible truths
Seem to flood through my mind

How many miracles he sent my way
Not one friend could I find

Those who offered lip service
When good winds blew my way

Revealed their true colors
Once tragedy came

My Constant, my Keeper
Ne'er once left my side

Always ready to sustain me
Through tempestuous tides

Yes HE is my refuge, my comfort, my stay
HE listens closely when I sing and I pray

1 comment:

We want your feedback.