On the New York City Subway
One weekend afternoon
Alone I sat near the exit
At the end of the subway car
One woman sat across from me
But she was reading a book
The others, not far were unaware
So they didn't bother to look
We stopped at a Harlem station
Not many people boarded
And within a matter of seconds
My countenance was guarded
The doors opened up and
A strange-looking male
Reached into the train
And got hold of my chain
He tried hard to pull it with seconds to spare
But I held on and yelled and no one seemed to care
The doors started closing and he ran away
And my guardian angel had saved the day
This gold chain was thin, one could easily break it
Yet all these years later dear LORD, I still have it
Now it is nearly two whole decades after
That eerie encounter with that old chain-snatcher
I tried telling people that were on the train
They looked over at me like I was insane
But the picture below is the key to explain
Why that man was not able to take my gold chain

No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.