These works are translated by a creative, young girl whose growth was interrupted. The gravity of her pain is buried very deep. This page is an effort to rescue her expressing as God allows, her thoughts as they unfold. Now as she peers through the lens of a woman, she endeavors to free herself. As she taps into those hidden places, a true poet is sure to emerge. I hope as you read, you too will unearth some things inside yourself and with her, continue to grow.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
I'm In Love, But..
I ask not for love in return
This is a high order
Not everyone is marked for this
At least not with me
I'm in love, yes
But I'm settling for less
In an attempt to obtain
What matters to me most
Intimacy far greater
Friendship everlasting
Affection is inconsistent, fleeting
Wreaks havoc on the passion
I promise I was not looking for this
It jumped right up and yoked me
Though I labor diligently
To bridle my heart
It fiercely rebels
And defies me
I'm in love, but
The price is so costly
Without thought
Put it all on the line
Bearing my soul to another
Of a truth, cuts so deep every time
I patch up the holes and keep standing
This battle does not end the war
I'm in love, but
It cannot defeat me
Or these wounds remain open
Evermore...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow! That's deep... Sounds very conflicted, even a little unsure...
ReplyDelete