

I like to express myself in diverse manners
Speak different languages
Explore new terms and phrases
But every time I speak
Every thought that I share
Is uniquely my own
I am no carbon copy
Original with intent
The "same old" tends to bore me
Not a fan of the mundane
I like to flirt with seeming insane
Take my thought life to the edge
Why bother being creative
To write the same songs in different keys
Tell the same story, use the same theme?
Yes, I prefer to take different approaches
Sample new flavors
Switch up the melodies
The sky is not always the same hue
Not even my skin the same shade
Though my eyes are the size they were at birth
They don't always see the same
Life and love is hidden in diversity
The splendor of which I cherish
The purpose for our creative power
Is to play skillfully with all the elements
Every single paint stroke varies
Our skyline changes daily
Adding many shapes and textures
Makes it more interesting
Like panels on the wall
Color schemes transform a room
To emphasize my character
My mood puts on its costume
Why else would HE provide such an array
Varied personalities, multiple ways to say
I love you, I like, or I do not prefer
I'm not straight off the rack
I'm THEE designer's original
If it's okay for the seasons to change
Then why must I be the same?
When the leaves fall off
Is it not still a tree?
No matter what the genre
Is it not still music?
When the leaves fall off
Is it not still a tree?
No matter what the genre
Is it not still music?
Not placed within a box, but
Tailored to be free, yet ALWAYS, always ME
No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.