These works are translated by a creative, young girl whose growth was interrupted. The gravity of her pain is buried very deep. This page is an effort to rescue her expressing as God allows, her thoughts as they unfold. Now as she peers through the lens of a woman, she endeavors to free herself. As she taps into those hidden places, a true poet is sure to emerge. I hope as you read, you too will unearth some things inside yourself and with her, continue to grow.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
We're Blood
This is a snippet I wrote on a greeting card for my cousin who is serving a prison term. My love and concern for him inspired a piece I am working on in his honor. Love ya, T.C.!
We have a bond
For we are blood
Surpassing the winds,
Rains and floods
We triumph through all
That has come our way
We live to tell our stories
Another victorious day
Know that I am here
Though we are apart
You are never far from my heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.