These works are translated by a creative, young girl whose growth was interrupted. The gravity of her pain is buried very deep. This page is an effort to rescue her expressing as God allows, her thoughts as they unfold. Now as she peers through the lens of a woman, she endeavors to free herself. As she taps into those hidden places, a true poet is sure to emerge. I hope as you read, you too will unearth some things inside yourself and with her, continue to grow.
Monday, December 14, 2009
The Cell
Here I can only think
about my path
My rage has no place to go
without consequence
Either I reign it in
Or it will be the end of me
Awful stench, cannot get air
Walls closing in, suffocating me
Poor nutrition clouding my thoughts
brightest of lights are dim here
Wrath comes to visit when freedom is lost
Haunting upon each breath of the day
Though it can be rewarding;
Evoke the new you, a new way?
Even while imprisoned there are choices to make
I cannot choose death
The choice of death makes this cell filthier than when I entered in
Still I must choose
If I choose growth, I'll leave this cell purer than when I
First entered in
Labels:
anger,
bondage,
choices,
crossroads,
isolation,
suicide,
turmoil,
turning point
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.