Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Heart Stands Still


I focused on pushing you away
Because it was the right thing to do

Hard to imagine why you disagree
Knowing we both belong to another

We met and you felt an instant connection
We became friends and our connection was mutual

In a matter of days things heated up between us
You became overwhelmed in my presence

Then felt the need to touch me
Your heart started racing and you kissed me

I was in awe of your response
It never should have happened

We parted, but your thoughts and feelings remained
The distance between us resulted in pain

While we were apart I realized I missed you
As an aching crept upon my chest

Anxiety consumed me as I imagined not seeing
You ever again, it was too much to bear

So I searched myself to find out why
It mattered to me so much

Then I recalled your gorgeous smile
And your tender touch

It was at that moment I longed for you
Considered that your feelings for me were true

But now what can become of this
My heart stands still

As we struggle to shelf our passion
In order to perform God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback.