It happened so fast, though he had a head start
He quickly carved out a place in my heart...
He was here and my focus was getting him out
He has gone away and I realize now
I cannot get him out of my mind
He needed to walk away from me
In order to do what was right
But now that he has I toss and turn each night
Something has happened I cannot explain
While I was not looking my heart filled with pain
The grieving began, and I could not eat
My meals were exchanged for a fantasy feast
Daydreams to help my heart to cope
Teasing my reservation and hope
Not seeing him for weeks has given me anxiety
To the extent I did not want to commune with society
I wanted to escape to a foreign place
Where we could meet and spend some time,
Escape the biting reality
That I am not his, and he is not mine
One day we met; we became
Star-crossed lovers by noon
And though we knew it had to end
I fear you've gone away too soon
You once asked me, "Am I in this alone?"
And without my consent
My heart became your home.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.