Saturday, July 4, 2009

What Can I Say



To one who is bent on believing and thinking the worst
Who lacks the ability to assess my value and appreciate my worth

To he who tramples on my affections while finding fault
With genuine loving kindness and expression of thought

If I say I love you more than you know
Put it on a silver platter tied with a bow
It would still appear as dung to you
For expressions of love escape you

You ascribe negativity to things you cannot comprehend
Ignoring the good in front of you, stubbornly refuse to bend

A most miserable creature who darkens the light
Instead of embracing love, you choose to fight
Your opinion of me is low and quite unflattering
Strange since my thoughts of you are earth-shattering

Perhaps this is just a sign you are not the one
Heavy on the drama and no longer fun

Too judgmental and so hypocritically blinded
But if you had any sense you'd be otherwise minded

Not a thing I can say to the one who mislabeled and branded
A woman so honest and true who quite frankly is candid
No, I will no longer allow this folly to simmer
My feelings that were once very strong have grown dimmer

The ignorance you inhaled, my love affected
The end result; your password is rejected

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback.