These works are translated by a creative, young girl whose growth was interrupted. The gravity of her pain is buried very deep. This page is an effort to rescue her expressing as God allows, her thoughts as they unfold. Now as she peers through the lens of a woman, she endeavors to free herself. As she taps into those hidden places, a true poet is sure to emerge. I hope as you read, you too will unearth some things inside yourself and with her, continue to grow.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
The Promise of Love
(Dedicated to GLucciano who inspired me. Thank you.)
Isn't it enough that I extend my hand to you freely
That I am willing to give everything you ask of me?
Or are you that ill-at-heart that even a femme like me so worthy
who carries the virtues of angelic hosts cannot have your honor?
It is true you are not much to speak of
Yet you behave as if king among men
So easy to replace you in my affections
But in my generosity and grace I extend your days
You consider my frailty and assume weakness
Not observing my tendency towards wisdom
My affections are but folly to you
Your only interest are my parts
Even the heavens are against you
Preventing your lustful ambitions
Creating a way of escape for me...
To save me from myself
Storing up my passion for you
Yet longing for valor to show up
As he plants his love deep inside my inner-sphere
Your image fades quickly, the shackles no longer appear
Alas the universe and I are as one
The ecstasy I longed for has now begun
* [Check out GLucciano's work at: http://halfmanhalfpoet.blogspot.com/]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Uh oh... I see you out there!!
ReplyDelete(Very nice work.) I see that you are digging deep!