Tuesday, February 26, 2013

For Worse, In Sickness, I'm Here

He falls for me continuously
Seeming to never grow weary
He misses me so when we are apart
But also when he is near me

His face lights up when I come in
Surprised and so very thrilled
Refers to me as his Sunshine
A picture of true love fulfilled

We visit for hours, he begs me to stay
But honey I have to be going
My phone starts to ring before I get home
But that is his loneliness showing

My phone rings again, just before I turn in
Before sleeping he must hear my voice
I indulge him as often as he needs me to
With great patience for I have no choice

He makes promises; plans, often as he can
Preparing for when he gets better
I tell him, my dear I'm not going nowhere
I'll stand by you, no matter the weather

I want young ones to know, that true love's not shown
When all things in your life is easy
It is tested and tried, but can only survive
When you've conquered the storm's bitter seasons

Treacherous winds may blow all around
You will find yourself standing on love's higher ground
It will cover and keep you, bring comfort and strength
If you can endure many hardships at length

For worse, in sickness, calamity and pain
True love will see you both through to the end
No matter the loss, the toil, the shame
When it is real, you can find love all over again

The message here that I hope to teach
Is one that so few of us measure
What is oft found in looks or material things
Is the counter-appearance of treasure

We cannot predict what life will bring
Perseverance comes with character
What remains after everyone else deserts you
Will reveal what truly matters

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want your feedback.