If I were suicidal, now would be a good time to check out
Ever feel such intense loneliness amongst those who claim to love you?
Annoying still are the repetitious statements of love;
Especially those with no corresponding actions EVER
Should I take it at face value,
Expect it to show up without warning?
Would it be wise of me to rest my weight on something so hollow?
If I were inconsiderate, I would expose the foolish
Put to rest the constant murmurings of feigned love so unrewarding
So empty, so non-existent so obviously NOT love.
When sowing love unto such unfeeling creatures
Am I not casting my pearls before swine?
Will true love ever be mine?
Is my standard of love too high for some to comprehend? To match?
Silent reflection does not comfort me
Or else how could my heart be so full with love to offer?
If I were human perhaps I could feel it
I'd be able to embrace it in all of its splendor
Take refuge in the warmth of it.
But I am only an idea of love; an idea of love too potent to be sustained.

No comments:
Post a Comment
We want your feedback.